What is Chicago Sing?
- A nine-day vocal arts institute for high school students (entering grade 9 through 2016 graduates) in which students develop their gifts, acknowledge the source of those gifts, and respond with service to others.
- A Credo affiliate program, presented by Grace Lutheran Church & School, in cooperation with faculty from Concordia University Chicago.
- Learn more.
When is Chicago Sing?
- Thursday, June 30 - Friday, July 8, 2016.
- Students arrive on the afternoon of June 30 for a welcome meal and may depart following the evening of July 8 following the concert or on the morning of July 9.
- See the schedule.
- Tuition for the full Chicago Sing is as follows:
- Residential Program - Lodging in dormitories at Concordia University Chicago (double occupancy) with professional residential staff, and three meals per day, is $830. Cost includes all instruction, materials, and full room and board.
- Local Resident Program - Students from the Chicago area who wish to stay at home may participate in the full program for $395. Local residents will not receive breakfast or lodging in Concordia University dorms.
Where is Chicago Sing?
- In River Forest, Illinois, a near western suburb of Chicago.
- At Grace Lutheran Church & School, nationally known for its excellence in sacred choral music and Bach Cantata Vespers series.
- At Concordia University Chicago, neighbors to Grace, where students stay in dorm rooms and enjoy their meals with residential staff.
- About our faculty.
Why Chicago Sing?
- Because excellence in making music and sharing our faith belong together.
- Because music is a gift that is to be developed and shared in service to God and to the world around us.
- Because there is no better way to learn about singing during the summer.
- Apply now! Application deadline is May June 6.
Picture at top of page by flickr user mindfrieze. Licensed under a CC-BY-NC-SA license, Creative Commons 4.0. Text added.